Monday, September 12, 2011

pattern repeats

Hand painted pattern repeats on rice paper..This is what i set out to do this past weekend why i don't know!I had a thought run through my head, a challenge of sorts.I wanted to experiment with rice paper
(Kozo ) I have a roll of it and boy its wonderful! Its soft to the touch yet strong to work with
The idea of repeat patterns for me is a way to create something unique in mark making in small easy steps.I hope to develop a personal motif that i can use as a stamp for my other works like a signature
When I did this this weekend i tried hard not to think of where i was going to put my first mark or what kind,I used watercolors they themselves have a mind of their own so that helped allot.
One dot on the paper with my brush and the color spread followed by another...
I did fold my rice paper into grids so i would have a guideline to follow and just repeated up and down the paper and letting my mind wonder...try this yourself use whatever papers you wish, you will see how your own unique mark will show up over a short time





4 comments:

jgr said...

This is SO cool, I would love to try it. I found your blog from Seth's latest post. Thank you for the inspiration!

H.D. Campbell said...

Im glad you liked it and i hope you do give it a try..its addicting! Seth is the best!

Diana Trout {Nan.DT@verizon.net} said...

These are fab, Heather. Thanks for the link and the inspiration. I love the brushwork and the color!

Sparkleblue Faery said...

Love the paper! I'll have to try this out. Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog!
Peace,
Karis